Who we are
Sierra IT Training Services Ltd is an independent IT training company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 6738551.
We know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that Sierra Training uses your personal data carefully. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
What information we hold about you
Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual. You are not required to provide Sierra Training the personal data that we request, but if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
This personal information may include, but is not limited to the following:
- name, email address and contact details
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- responding to any enquiries and/or course bookings which you make to us relating to any of our training courses and other products or services we offer.
- to monitor website usage to develop and administer our websites.
- to provide you with quarterly newletters about our training services but this is only upon prior consent from you.
Who we may share your information with
We do not disclose your personal information to anybody at anytime unless:
- you book on a training course not run by Sierra IT Training Services Ltd but by one of our training partners. In that instance the only information provided would be your name.
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
Keeping your information secure
Our website and servers have the latest industry standard controls in place to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your personal information under our control. Our website is a secure (https) website and the data you enter in your browser is encrypted before being sent to our server. We ensure that access to your personal data is restricted to authenticated and approved staff of Sierra Training.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- where it is necessary to perform our contract with you
- where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business including:
o responding to enquiries
o providing training services to our customers
o improving and developing our services
o the administration of our business
o monitoring and maintaining standards within Sierra Training
o establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights
- where it is required by law
Links to other websites
Cookies are files with small amount of data sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity, they do not identify you as an individual. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, in a few cases, some of our websites features may not function as a result.
Under data protection laws you have the right to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your request in writing and send it to the address at the end of this document.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us.
Retention of information
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details:
Sierra IT Training Services Ltd
Moulton Park Business Centre
Tel: 0845 8672394
Last updated: 02/11/2018