In addition to running public scheduled courses at our site in Northampton we also offer “on site” courses delivered at your chosen location within the UK or abroad. The benefits of running courses at your premises include:
- Discounts if there are over 3 delegates
- The course content can be tailored to suit your requirements
- Cost savings on travel and accommodation
- Time savings
- Critical staff remain on site
We can run this course using your equipment (server, PCs, printer), or we can use our equipment, whichever you prefer.
The course content and duration can be specifically tailored to meet your exact requirements based on your objectives and the experience of your staff.
We can offer customisation including:
Combine specific topics from different courses
Combine complete courses
Reduce the course duration
Below are some examples of course customisation we have recently provided for our customers:
Combine specific topics from different courses:
- Select specific topics from Operations and specific topics from Advanced Operations
- Select development related topics from System Facilities (e.g. PDM, SEU, DDS, DB2) and combine with the RPGIV Programming course
- Select performance topics from Work Management and Performance and PTF and upgrade topics from System Management and Administration
- Combine Crossover to Modern RPGLE with Power RPG with SQL
- Combine System Facilties with CL Programming or RPGIV Programming
- Combine Advanced RPGIV Programming with RPG Subfile Programming
Reduce the course duration:
- Run Rational Developer for i (RDi) as a 1 day workshop
- Run RPGIV Programming for experienced programmers as a 3 day course
- Run Operations as a 3 day course
Learn the new development tools and operating system enhancements:
- Run Rational Developer for i (RDi) and cover the new programming features from V7R1
Any course customisation will be discussed and agreed with you prior to the course.
Note: We can customise courses and run the course at our own premises if you prefer.
If there are over three delegates attending the course discounts are given for each subsequent attendee. There will be a charge for the instructor’s expenses incurred (travel, hotel and subsistence). If we will be using our equipment then an additional charge will be made for this service. We can advise you of any of the above when an enquiry is made. We will advise you of the final cost before the course runs so that you are not caught out with any hidden extras.
If the course is to be run abroad then there will be additional charges for travel (i.e. air fare, travel to and from the airport and course location and the delivery of the course notes).
Although we limit the maximum number of delegates on our scheduled courses to 6, we can exceed this number for delegates attending a course ran at your premises if required. We have found that it is mutually beneficial to discuss your course objectives, system setup etc. prior to the course. This gives the instructor key background information on your IT infrastructure along with the delegates job roles, relative experience etc. to ensure that we can tailor the course to specifically meet your objectives.
Our public scheduled courses start at 09:00 each day and end between 16:00 and 16:30. We have a 15 minute break mid morning and mid afternoon. Lunch is normally around an hour taken between 12:00 and 12:30. On site these times are flexible and can be adjusted to suit your specific needs.
We can also provide mentoring at your site if you have staff who need help with your systems and setup. For example you may have new operators/support staff who need dedicated help with what to monitor, best practices, how to carry out certain tasks, troubleshoot problems etc. or you may need some programming work carried out in RPGIV, RPG/400, ILE, SQL, CL etc. Just let us know what your requirements are and we will analyse your request and contact you to discuss it further.
If you are interested in an on site course then please Click Here to go to our Contact page or call us on 0845 867 2394 to discuss your requirements further.